Would you like to feel more grounded, and navigate academic pressures, social challenges, and relationships skillfully? If so, these workshops are for you. We are excited to share some evidence-based approaches from clinical psychology designed to help you to maximize your potential and enjoyment at Yale. These workshops are interactive and present a broad array of strategies for coping with the ups and downs of college life. This is not group therapy and you can attend any one workshop or the entire series. We look forward to chatting with you in the Good Life Center at Silliman College. Please join us.
All workshops are facilitated by May Conley, an advanced graduate student in clinical psychology, and Mary O’Brien, Ph.D., the Director of the Yale Psychology Department Clinic.
***Space is limited to 20 students per workshop. Please register [for each workshop separately] in advance via OrgSync.***
Workshop Dates & Topics
1. Getting in touch with your values and setting values-based goals – Monday, September 9th
2. Maximizing Positivity in Daily Life – Monday, September 23rd
3. Escaping from Thinking Traps – Monday, October 7th (workshop will start at 7:15pm)
4. The Benefits of Self-Compassion and a Growth Mindset – Monday, October 21st
5. Mindfulness and Finding Wise Mind – Monday, November 4th (workshop will start at 7:15pm)
6. Speaking up Skillfully – Monday, November 18th